The practice was established in the late 1870’s in Trinity Place, Swansea by Dr Anderson of Aberdeen. He practiced there until 1899 before selling the premises to Dr Marks.
In 1899 Dr Anderson built the old practice in Alexandra Road. Dr George Fraser joined Dr Anderson after the First World War and they practiced in partnership before taking in Dr Gaily, who subsequently died in the Second World War.
Dr A Hughes was made a partner in 1947 and Dr Murray Thompson, already an assistant, became a partner around the same time. Dr A Law joined in 1955 with Dr M G Evans joining the practice in 1967.
In the 1970’s the practice moved to Orchard Street Clinic some 400 yards from the Alexandra Road site. This building is now functioning as Central Clinic, which is part of Swansea Bay University Health Board, providing services such as child health, family planning, chiropody and mental health.
Dr B S Raichoudhury joined the practice in 1979, soon to be followed by Dr L B Morgan in 1980, with Dr M Lewis arriving in 1988. In 1993 the practice moved to its current home on the Kingsway, some 400 yards from Orchard Street. The new surgery premises were purpose built on the ground floor of one of the few buildings left in central Swansea to survive the blitz of 1942.
The surgery has won several awards for its internal design with 3 treatment rooms, a spacious conference room and 14 consulting rooms amongst its features. An exercise therapy centre was added to the practice in 1996 and can be found at 34 The Kingsway.
Dr R J Mortimer joined the practice in 1993, having previously been a GP in Gorseinon, near Swansea. Dr C J Bevan joined in 1996 followed by Dr M J Sullivan in 1999 both of whom were former trainees of the practice. Subsequently Dr I R Thomas joined the partnership in 2000 followed by Dr Green in 2014. Dr Perman and Dr Jenkinson became Partners at the practice from August 2017, followed by Dr Tindall and Dr Howell in 2022, all starting off as trainees. We also have 1 salaried GP’s - Dr M Walters
Dr Morgan retired in 2010 followed by Dr Raichoudhury in 2011.
Dr Parker left the partnership in 2014 to further her career in medico-lego work.
Dr Lewis retired in September 2016 followed by Dr Mortimer in July 2017.
Dr S Sinha retired in 2021 followed by Dr Gorst, who left the surgery in March 2022.
Dr C Green left the partnership in August 2022 to further her career in Skewen and explore the world of coaching.